It’s hard to accomplish anything without a plan, whether you are coaching a baseball team, or running a small business. Ronald Kister, an IT professional in New York, has extensive experience with creating strategic plans for businesses, both large and small. As the owner of RKJ Consulting, an IT consulting firm in Mount Sinai, New York, he helps businesses develop strategic plans for their organizations. These plans take a look at everything the company can do and narrows down the things it is good at doing. This helps the business determine where it should spend its time and money. Here are five steps to help you create a strategic plan for your business.
1. Determine where your business is. To do this, you need to conduct internal and external audits in order to get a clear picture of the marketplace, the competition, and your organization’s competencies.
2. You need to identify what’s important. This step allows you to focus on where you want to take your business over time. It helps you to determine your priority issues.
3. Clearly, define what your organization must achieve. In order to address the priority issues, you must define the expected objectives and clearly, state what you must achieve.
4. Figure out who is accountable. This is how you are going to get your business where you want it to be.
5. You must review the process continually and make any necessary adjustments. This will help to ensure the plan performs as it was designed.
A strategic plan can help you take your business to places you may never have thought possible. Laying out a strategic plan will help keep your business on track and focused on the future.
As the owner of RKJ Consulting, Ronald Kister helps businesses of all sizes develop and manage strategic plans.